If you are struggling with addiction, it can be difficult to know how to begin the journey to recovery. You might have tried to quit drinking or using drugs before with little success. Or, you might feel embarrassed at having to tell friends and family about your struggles. However, addiction can rob you of many good things in life. It can damage your relationships with loved ones, cause lasting harm to your mental and physical health, and create financial hardship. Learn more about how to navigate addiction recovery and the types of extended care programs that are available to you at Soledad House, and take the first step towards a new life today.
How to Navigate Addiction Recovery
Addiction recovery often takes the form of several stages. Individuals who are struggling with substance abuse first need intensive care and therapy to help them get through the early days of recovery. During this time, it’s likely that you’ll experience strong cravings and withdrawal symptoms. One of the best tips for getting through this time is to have support from people you can trust, like a team of professionals at a women’s addiction treatment center.
Another tip for navigating addiction recovery is to always have a plan in place for dealing with potentially triggering situations. If you are likely to be tempted by drugs and alcohol in your home, then look into sober living alternatives during treatment. If your friends do not support your newfound sobriety, try to find others who will encourage you on your journey. And if isolation causes you to consider relapsing, make a plan to call someone who will help you through that difficult moment.
Addiction Recovery Programs
One of the best first steps you can take in navigating recovery is to reach out to an addiction treatment center. You have struggled with substance abuse for some time. Therefore, you know how hard it can be to quit through willpower alone. Addiction can be isolating and makes you feel like no one else understands. However, in an addiction recovery program, you’ll find support and encouragement on your journey. Some common types of addiction recovery programs include:
- Detox programs – Withdrawal from drugs or alcohol can be uncomfortable or even painful. Having 24/7 support during this process can help you detox safely
- Inpatient programs – Many individuals begin their journey through a residential program, where they have access to care around the clock
- Partial hospitalization programs – In this phase of care, clients continue to attend individual and group therapy sessions on a regular basis while returning home at night
- Outpatient care – Individuals in recovery can begin to return to some of their daily responsibilities while receiving support from an addiction treatment center
- Aftercare – Many addiction recovery programs provide support to clients even after they’ve completed a program through education, ongoing therapy, and access to an alumni network
In many treatment centers, you’ll also find a wide range of addiction treatment therapies. These help clients learn how to navigate challenging situations, regulate negative emotions, and overcome cravings. Holistic approaches to recovery like exercise therapy and nutritional counseling can help clients reduce stress and heal from the inside out.
If you’re ready to rebuild your life, reach out to an addiction recovery center near you today.
Contact Soledad House for Recovery
Soledad House offers a wide range of addiction treatment programs for women in California. Our approach combines evidence-based therapies with holistic approaches, which allows us to care for the whole person. We’re committed to helping women overcome addiction and co-occurring mental health issues through a nurturing, faith-based approach.
We can help women who are struggling with the following:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Benzo addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Marijuana addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Painkiller addiction treatment
- Prescription drug abuse treatment
Addiction does not need to continue to wreak havoc on your mental and physical health, your relationships, or your finances. Begin addiction recovery in CA today at Soledad House. Contact our team at 866.314.3222 to learn more today.